Propolis contains naturally more than 20 categories of over 300 kinds of ingredients. Propolis or bee glue is actually a resinous mixture that honey bees produce by mixing saliva and beeswax with exudate gathered from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. It’s a completely natural and non-toxic supplement with a range of health benefits as it contains flavonoids, terpenoids, and other natural compounds.
- Marketed by health food stores as a traditional medicine, and for its claimed beneficial effect on human health.
- Believed to promote heart health and reduce the chances of cataracts. Old beekeepers recommend a piece of propolis kept in the mouth as a remedy for a sore throat. Claims have been made for its use in treating allergy.
- Has attracted the attention of the dental community. In-vitro, animal and clinical studies suggest that propolis has a protective effect against caries and gingivitis. Propolis can also be used to treat canker sores, and its use in canal debridement for endodontic.
- Used by music instrument makers to better show the wood grain. It is a component of Italian varnish and was reportedly used by Stradivari.
Propolis extract may affect:
- Antisepsis and treat inflammation
- Antiviral effect
- Enhance the immune regulatory effect
- Promote the tissue regeneration
- Anti-tumor effect
- Anti-radiation effect
- Local anesthesia and analgesic effect
- Blood-lipid lowering effect
- May prevent cardiovascular disease
- May be useful in the treatment of hepatitis, hepatocirrhosis, astriction, polypi, bilestone
Take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day or as recommended by your health care advisor.
Propolis extract. Contains no fillers.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.