Huperzine A is extracted from Huperzia serrata. It is a reversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and NMDA receptor antagonist that crosses the blood-brain barrier.The structure of the complex of huperzine A with acetylcholinesterase has been determined by X-ray crystallography.
For some years, huperzine A has been investigated as a possible treatment for diseases characterized by neurodegeneration, particularly Alzheimer’s disease.A 2013 meta-analysis found that huperzine A may be efficacious in improving cognitive function, global clinical status, and activities of daily living for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. However, due to the poor size and quality of the clinical trials reviewed, huperzine A should not be recommended as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease until further high quality studies confirm its beneficial effects.
Huperzine A is also marketed as a dietary supplement with claims made for its ability to improve memory and mental function.Huperzine A has also been postulated as a potential treatment for MG gravis.
- Huperzine A can improve memory, thinking, and behavioral function in people
- Huperzine A as a treatment of myasthenia gravis effective drugs, better than new Ming
- Huperzine A may also protect neurons from cell death caused by toxic levels of glutamate
- Huperzine A used as raw materials can be made of alzheimer’s disease prevention and health food
- Huperzine A is also the treatment of AD in a randomized controlled trial of its effect on cognitive function.
A typical dose daily is between 100-500 mcg (0.1-0.5 mg).
Huperzine A/B 98% extract. No additives.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.