The Korean Panax Ginseng root is characterized by the presence of a higher amount of ginsenosides and gintonin that other variants of the root. This particular product is a 20:1 extract is concentrated further as it contains up to 20% ginsenosides, which means it is 7 to 10 times more effective that most extracts with 2% – 3% ginsenosides.
People use Korean Ginseng for a variety of conditions, such as:
- To strengthen of the immune system, as studies have shown that antibiotics against chronic bronchitis were more effective when patients at the same time took ginseng supplements. Likewise, the root also enhanced the effect when being given a flu vaccine.
- To improve memory decline, as studies have shown that the combination of panax ginseng and ginkgo biloba can help to support memory in middle-aged adults. The effects may be due to the effect of g. saponins, which reduce nerve cell senescence, stabilize the cell membrane structures, and increase protein synthesis.
- To control blood sugar levels, as the root may aid in diabetes management. A double-blind study found that participants that took ginseng experienced improvements in their blood sugar levels.
- To help support heart function by decreasing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol due to the antioxidant. The antioxidants appears to reduce several types of free radicals, such as rb1, rb2, rd, rc, re, rg1, rg2, and rh1.
- To inhibit lipid peroxide formation in the brain and liver, as experimental results have shown this an effect of ginseng saponins.
- To reduce erectile dysfunction, as appears to be effective support in the treatment of ED. During an 8 week study people taking ginseng showed a reduction compared to those given a placebo.
- To help support cancer chemotherapy treatments, as studies have shown that panax ginseng may lower the risk of cancer in people over 40. Other studies show that patients that received ginseng IV injections during chemotherapy saw improvements in quality of life and body weight.
- To help reduce mental fatigue particularly during prolonged periods of mental activity. Research show that people given ginseng experienced less mental fatigue when taking a test compared to those on a placebo.
The suggested daily dose for adults is 50 mg – 200 mg daily before meals.
Korean Panax Ginseng 20:1 Extract standardised to contain 20% Ginsenosides. Contains no fillers.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.