L-Theanine – or simply Theanine – is the most abundant amino acid in tea, accounting for more than 50% of the total free amino acids and for 1-2% of the dry weight of tea. Theanine is a white powder and soluble in water. It has a sweet and refreshing taste and is a component of the tea flavor.
- Regulating neurotransmitters in the brain. Theanine affects the metabolism and release of neurotransmitters, such as D. in the brain. Brain diseases controlled by these neurotransmitters may also be regulated or prevented.
- Theanine may improve learning ability and memory recall.
- Sedative effect. Caffeine is a well-known stimulant, but people feel relaxed, calm and relaxed when drinking tea. It has been proved that this is mainly theanine.
- Improve premenstrual syndrome (PMS). The sedative effect suggests that it can improve PMS, and clinical trials on women have showed an effect.
- Protect nerve cells. Theanine can inhibit neuronal death caused by transient cerebral ischemia and has protective effect on neurons. The death of nerve cells is closely related to the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate. Cell death occurs when glutamate is excessive, which is usually the cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Lowering blood pressure. Theanine lowers blood pressure by regulating the concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Enhancing the efficacy of anticancer drugs. Theanine may prevent the outflow of antineoplastic drugs from cancer cells and enhance the effect of antineoplastic drugs. Theanine may reduce the side effects of antineoplastic drugs, such as regulating the level of lipid peroxidation, reducing the reduction of leukocytes and bone marrow cells caused by antineoplastic drugs.
- Theanine also has the effect of inhibiting the infiltration of cancer cells, which is the necessary way for cancer cells to spread. Inhibiting its invasion can prevent the spread of cancer.
- Protecting the liver and functioning as an effective antioxidant.
- Theanine is also proved to be generally safe.
One 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoon a day.
L-Theanine (100%). Contains no fillers. Shelf Life: 2 Years
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.