Barrenwort – or Horny Goat Weed the plant it is more commonly known – is a herb that has traditionally been used combat ED (erectile dysfunction). According to an old tale, the plant received its name when a herder noticed the aphrodisiac effect it had on the grazing goats.
- Aphrodisiac. The weed extract has long been considered as a potent aphrodisiac. The compound icariin that is found in epimedium works by relaxing muscles by increasing the NO levels and increasing the blood flow to the sexual organs, thereby increasing libido and desire.
- Controlling Asthma. Horny goat weed extract can be helpful in alleviating airway inflammation by decreasing the activities of some proteins that are responsible for the production of leukocytes in inflammatory areas in the lung, thereby helping with controlling the effects of asthma.
- Anti-Aging Properties. In a study on the effects of the flavonoids derived from the horny goat weed plants on laboratory animals, it was found that many age related metabolites such as amino acids, unsaturated and saturated fatty acids etc. showed evidence of being reset at a younger level.
- Male Erectile Dysfunction. The extract has been effectively used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Memory Enhancer. Studies have shown that the administration of icariin has been able to increase the blood flow to the brain and showed improved learning ability and memory. The effect is mainly attributed to the plant’s antioxidant properties and its effect on the nerve impulses as well as the circulatory system.
- Bodybuilding. Icariin has proven to be an extremely powerful and potent supplement for bodybuilders and athletes, mainly due to its male hormone and NO boosting properties, both of which play a crucial role in athletic performance, especially in the area of endurance and bodybuilding.
- Female Sexual Health. Whereas the effects of Icariin on men’s sexual health and performance is well known and documented, the administration of icariin can also improve the sexual health and performance of women by a margin, mostly owing to the production of NO that improves the flow of blood to the sexual organs.
- Relieving Menopausal Symptoms. Horny goat weed extract has been found to have dynamic effects of bioactivity longer than conventional menopausal treatments for women.
Take one capsule twice daily.
Horny Goat Weed Extract 20:1. Epimedium brevicornum. Each capsule contains 340 mg of horny goat weed 20:1 extract.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.