Spirulina is a blue-green algae that is naturally found in South America and Africa. It grows primarily in volcanic lakes, although it is more commonly farmed nowadays due to production requirements. Spirulina was traditionally used by the local populations to make cakes and broths.
This particular spirulina product is organically farmed in Asia and then processed using the cold extraction method to ensure the richness and stability of its nutrient content. Certified by the Organic Food Federation we aim to ensure that you get the highest quality product on the market.
The Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz) of Spirulina is unmatched. 100 g contains:
Energy 1,213 kJ (290 kcal):
- Carbohydrates 23.9 g: Sugars 3.1 g, Dietary fibre 3.6 g.
- Fat 7.72 g: Saturated 2.65 g, Monounsaturated 0.675 g, Polyunsaturated 2.08 g.
- Protein 57.47g: Tryptophan 0.929 g, Threonine 2.97 g, Isoleucine 3.209 g, Leucine 4.947 g, Lysine 3.025 g, Methionine 1.149 g, Cystine 0.662 g, Phenylalanine 2.777 g, Tyrosine 2.584 g, Valine 3.512 g, Arginine 4.147 g, Histidine 1.085 g, Alanine 4.515 g, Aspartic acid 5.793 g, Glutamic acid 8.386 g, Glycine 3.099 g, Proline 2.382 g, Serine 2.998 g.
- Vitamins: Vitamin A equiv. beta-carotene lutein zeaxanthin (4%*) 29 mcg, Thiamine (B1) (207%*) 2.38 mg, Riboflavin (B2) (306%*) 3.67 mg, Niacin (B3) (85%*) 12.82 mg, Pantothenic acid (B5) (70%*) 3.48 mg, Vitamin B6 (28%*) 0.364 mg, Folate (B9) (24%*) 94 mcg, Choline (13%*) 66 mg, Vitamin C (12%*) 10.1 mg, Vitamin E (33%*) 5 mg, Vitamin K (24%*) 25.5 mcg.
- Trace Metals: Calcium (12%*) 120 mg, Iron (219%*) 28.5 mg, Magnesium (55%*) 195 mg, Manganese (90%*) 1.9 mg, Phosphorus (17%*) 118 mg, Potassium (29%*) 1363 mg, Sodium (70%*) 1048 mg, Zinc (21%*) 2 mg.
*Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA) as proposed by USDA Nutrient.
Take 1-4 capsules twice day.
Spirulina. Contains no fillers.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.