Pomegranates are a rich red fruit loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, potassium, folic acid and iron. Pomegranate Extract contains a minimum of 40% ellagitannins, which are converted into ellagic acid by the body. Pomegranate extract and powder, including this product, is typically made from the peel, due to its high antioxidant and punicalagin content.
Punicalagins are extremely potent antioxidants found in pomegranate juice and peel. In fact, they’re so powerful that pomegranate juice has been found to have three times the antioxidant activity of red wine and green tea. Another important compound is Punicic acid, which is found in pomegranate seed oil, the main fatty acid in the arils. It’s a type of conjugated linoleic acid with potent biological effects.
- Antiviral properties. Pomegranate has antibacterial and antiviral properties which may be useful against common gum diseases and yeast infections.
- Anti-inflammatory. Pomegranates have potent anti-inflammatory properties, which are largely mediated by the antioxidant properties of the punicalagins.
- Anticarcinogenic. Laboratory studies suggest that pomegranate extract can help fight breast cancer cells, although more studies are needed.
- Supports cardiovascular function. Several human studies have shown that pomegranate can have benefits against heart disease. It improves your cholesterol profile and protects LDL cholesterol from oxidative damage.
- Lowers high blood pressure function. Regular intake of pomegranate juice has been shown to lower blood pressure levels in as little as two weeks.
- Strong antioxidants, which can remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation. Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices and has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea.
- Improve brain function and visual acuity. Some evidence shows that pomegranate may improve memory in older adults. In addition, studies in mice suggest that it may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improving arthritis. Studies in animals and isolated cells indicate that pomegranate extract may be beneficial against several forms of arthritis, but more research is needed.
- Prostate cancer. Preliminary evidence indicates that pomegranate juice can be useful in men with prostate cancer, potentially inhibiting cancer growth and lowering the risk of death.
- Reducing erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate juice has been linked to reduced symptoms of erectile dysfunction, but more research is needed.
- Physical performance. As a rich source of nitrates, pomegranate may improve exercise performance by increasing blood flow.
Take 1-4 tablespoons a day. Can also be blended in a smoothie.
Pomegranate. 10:1 extract. Contains no fillers.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.