Pomegranate peel extract with ellagic acid is made from the fruit, seed and peel. The whole fruit is also loaded with e.g., vitamins, potassium, folic acid, and iron. Punicalagins are extremely potent antioxidants found in the extract. In fact, they’re so powerful that the juice contains three times the antioxidant activity of red wine and green tea. Another important compound is punicic acid, which is found in pomegranate seed oil, the main fatty acid in the arils. It’s a type of conjugated linoleic acid with potent biological effects. All in all, the supplement contains an concentrated amount of ellagic acid at 40% and polyphenols 40%.
- Strong antioxidants. These are compounds that can remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation. Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices and has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea.
- Antiviral properties. Ellagic acid has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can be useful against common gum diseases and yeast infections.
- Improve brain function and visual acuity. Some evidence shows that pomegranate peel extract may improve memory in older adults. In addition, studies in mice suggest that it may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Anti-inflammatory. The fruit has potent anti-inflammatory properties, which are largely mediated by the antioxidant properties of the punicalagins.
- Supports cardiovascular function. Several human studies have shown that pomegranate can have benefits against heart disease. It improves your cholesterol profile and protects LDL cholesterol from oxidative damage.
- Lowers high blood pressure. Regular intake of the fruit juice has been shown to lower blood pressure levels in as little as two weeks.
- Anticarcinogenic. Several studies suggest that pomegranate peel extract can help fight breast cancer cells, but more studies are needed. Preliminary evidence indicates that the juice also can be useful in men with prostate cancer, potentially inhibiting cancer growth and lowering the risk of death. Likewise, scientific studies suggest the ellagic acid could be beneficial in the prevention of colon cancer.
- Improving arthritis. Studies in animals and isolated cells indicate that pomegranate peel extract may be beneficial against several forms of arthritis, but more research is needed.
- Reducing erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate juice has been linked to reduced symptoms of erectile dysfunction, but more research is needed.
- Physical performance. As a rich source of nitrates, they may improve exercise performance by improving blood flow.
Take 1 to 4 tablespoons daily. Can also be blended in a smoothie.
Pomegranate peel extract containing 40% ellagic acid and 40% polyphenols. Part used: Fruit, Seed & Bark. Contains no fillers. Appearance: Brown-red powder. Extraction Method: Grain alcohol & Water. Test Method: HPLC / UV-VIS.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.