Resveratrol is a natural antioxidant stilbenoid commonly made by plants in response to attacks by various pathogens, such as bacteria or fungi. In the foods it can be found in small amounts in red grapes, blueberries, açaí, raspberries and mulberries and particularly in the skin of the berries. Not surprisingly we also find the compound in red wine, where it ranges from 0.2 to 2.0 milligram.
An increasing amount of studies indicate the resveratrol has several positive health effects, such as in bolstering the immune system, reducing blood viscosity, inhibiting platelet coagulation, improved vasodilation, while being inhibitory in the development certain cancers, in atherosclerosis, coronary- and ischemic heart disease, and hyperlipidemia. The estrogen-like effect of the stilbenoid could potentially be harnessed to treat breast cancer and germane diseases. In vitro studies show cytotoxic effects against a multiple types of human tumor cells, such as lymphoid and myeloid cancer. Finally, it appears resveratrol has a senolytic effect and delays the pace of aging in animals.
There are several health benefits associated with the antioxidant:
- It may help to protect the heart and circulatory system due to the effect it has on lowering cholesterol and in combating blood clots, which may cause heart attacks and stroke.
- Due to the effect in lowering cholesterol levels and blood viscosity, it might reduce the risk for arteriosclerosis and cerebrovascular disease.
- It has antiviral and antibacterial effects that strengthen the immunity system, which inhibits the growth of Staphylococcus aureus, Micrococcus catarrhalis, Bacillus coli, Aeruginosus bacillus, but also suppresses the growth of various types of virus, e.g. Enteric virus, Orphan virus, Fever Blisters virus.
- Is a strong antioxidant that combats the effects of free radicals.
- In animal studies it has been found to extend life-spans.
The suggested dose for adults is from 200 mg to 2000 mg.
99% Trans-Resveratrol (COA-tested). Does not contain the cis-isomer. The Certificate of Analysis lab test shows the powder is free from bacterial and heavy metal contaminants. Contains no additives.
The various effects are not guaranteed and results may vary due to several factors between different people.
We strive to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by the manufacturers and recommend that you read all labels and warnings. However, the information is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Reviewers have not been compensated for their testimonials. Reviews in other languages than English are automatically translated.